Tuesday, April 15, 2014

World Origami Days

Source: https://origamiusa.org/wod

Let's get the world to fold! Celebrate origami by spreading the joy of paperfolding during World Origami Days, held each year from October 24–November 11, a 2-1/2 week celebration of the international community of origami!. Help us make origami as visible as possible: teach a class, fold on the bus, give your friends origami, exhibit your models. The possibilities are limitless, just as with origami itself.

Teaching shapes with modulars

For World Origami Day I will teach my 4th grade class a modular 12 unit 1/3 single triangle box. I will teach each kid in my class and my teacher (that makes 24) how to make one unit. Then I will put it together to construct 2 of the 12 unit 1/3 single triangle box. That is my plan.